The discovery of maps covering the Broughty Ferry area held by the National Library of Scotland have given an interesting insight into Forfarshire's location in the early days of the club.
The 1903 map shown here and reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland is the first to record the existence of a cricket ground at Forthill, just inside the Broughty Ferry burgh boundary, although the club was founded in 1880 and secured use of the Forthill ground in that year.
The ground was later gifted to the club by long standing benefactor and club captain of 40 years, W.R.Sharp. The entrance gates to the Forthill ground remain as a memorial to his generosity and service to the club.
The map can be viewed in full here: National Library of Scotland
Thanks to Graeme Bruce for this discovery.