Cricket Scotland Statement:
Following the announcement on 9th July by the Scottish Government, Phase 3 of the route map for cricket will commence on 10th July. This will allow larger groups of adults and youths to train and exercise in a formal setting.
The key changes to this phase are:
- Up to 15 individuals from no more than five households can take part in outdoor cricket activity.
- This remains subject to physical distancing measures at all times.
- Non-professional adult contact sport will not resume before the 31st July.
Children and Young People
- From 13th July, up to ten U12’s from different households may take part in a group activity with no requirement for social distancing
- From 13th July, up to ten 12 to 17 year olds from different households may take part in a group activity with no requirement for social distancing, however they must comply with the general population guidance (including social distance etc) before and after the activity.
- Coaches should not deliver training to more than 14 people from four households (or extended households) at any one time or provide coaching to more than four households (or extended households) per day, unless coaching children and young people (see below).
- Coaches can deliver training to children and young people on more than one occasion per day.
- This remains subject to physical distancing measures at all times
Additional Advice for Children & Young Peoples Activity
- Coaches are still required to exercise social distancing practices
- All groups are to be self-sufficient e.g. a coach cannot oversee two separate groups.
- Coaching sessions should aim to last no more than 3 hours
- Parents should drop off and collect participants via a protocol that maintains social distancing.
- For younger age groups, plastic equipment should be used and should be disinfected at the end of each session.
For Phase 3 outdoor sports guidance from sportscotland click HERE
For Phase 3 coaching guidance from sportscotland click HERE
For the latest Cricket Scotland guidance click HERE
This Cricket Scotland statement can be downloaded here: